Wednesday, November 25, 2009

1st Trimester

I didn't think that people really wanted to hear about what I went through my first trimester, but people keep asking me. I was sick. Really sick. I was nauseous all the time. I hardly ate anything because after a few bites I just couldn't swallow anymore. Some people told me "keep a full stomach, it helps you not be nauseous" And I'm sure that worked for some people, but for me, it did not work all the time.
I was working during this time and my boss did not like the fact that I moved slower, I felt like if I moved fast I would hurl. And I was right. I tried moving faster one day and it came up, but did my boss feel any sympathy for me?! NO! The woman is insane. I don't know what else I could have done to make things better, it was hard just to walk to the next place that I needed to be.
I couldn't cook anymore, just going into the kitchen made me sick. (You never know how gross your kitchen is until you are pregnant) So Daniel had a lot of frozen corn dogs and bertolli meals. I did start to feel better around 3 1/2 months, so thank goodness that is all over with. I now have a deeper appreciation for what my poor sister went through (she was sick almost all 9 months).
I'm much better now and I feel completely normal (except for the bigger belly thing).

Here are some picture of me at the Austins cabin. This is pretty much what I did the whole time. I stayed outside in the fresh air and munched on crackers, and took lots of naps. I think Daniel was having sympathy pains and wanted to join me.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

So glad you are finally feeling better..you would think that your boss being a Female would have some sort of symphathy!!! Love you!!!

Luis Merino said...

Jeez, so many of my friends are pregnant right now, it's unreal!

Keep up the posts, I'll definitely be keeping tabs!