Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Saturday Night


So This is basically how I spent my Saturday night. With 4 kids, the average age of 8. I was invited to play Rockband with the kids upstairs from where I live, then more kids came over and we had a base, guitar, drums and vocals. I know this might be really lame...but I really had fun!! I was really good at the vocals right of the bat, and I've played guitar hero so I was pretty good at the guitar and base...but then we rotated and I had to try the drums. I was not so good at all, but surprisingly the kids were really nice. Usually, this group of kids are brutally honest. But they all said that it was OK that I only got 50%, and that was really good for my first time.
I know this might seem really weird, but Daniel and I are poor, we don't have any kids, and when the Austin's are out of town we really don't have much to do. And I really like Rockband. I might have to revise the policy that I have set up about video games.

7 comments:

salty c-snake said...

seriously, revise it. rockband was my birthday present this year, and let me tell you, no regrets. i even made mom play it when she came up (if you can imagine the site of roz on the drums). if we're ever in the same local again-we'll totally be a band.

and drums are for sure the hardest. hate the bass part.

ruebs said...

I must say that's one cute guitarist there, not that I'm partial or anything. Sounds like I'm going to have check out the game myself.

Anne-Marie said...

Rockband is SO fun! Of course you would ROCK at singing! You are so great with kids- sounds like a fun sat. night to me! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your new job. I miss you and we have to find a time to talk! It feels like im gone from sun up to sun down now adays! Love you!

Unknown said...

Rachael...we love rock band too. Infact last Christmas we got it and over break when all the kids were out for the night Greg and I pulled it out and the two of us played...Tanner came home with some friends and caught us and said "so this is what you two do when your children are gone"!!!

Andrea Wiseman said...

So glad youre doing a blog!!! Now get your sister to do one! Rockband is super addicting-before you know it, it's 1am(that's super late for me)

Valerie Christensen said...

Soooo...when are you are your friends seeing Twilight? I am dying to go, but we are actually having a b-day party for Devin Friday night. I wanted to do it Saturday, but Jared will DIE if he missed the BYU game.

i said...

hey...glad i came across your blog. i guess it's time to try that game!! so fun.