Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Resume

So as most of you know, I have been trying to find a job. So far I have not had any luck at all. So Daniel and I decided we should do an overhaul on my resume and Daniel thought this template would be a really great one to help me stand out from the crowd...


Address | Contact Email | Contact Phone

[It’s important to include your descriptive middle name, e.g. John ‘Bandicoot’ Doe]

Objective

[How much more awesome you want to be become]

To add my awesomeness to your company and thereby rule the world

Summary

[The what, why, how, where and acknowledgements of your awesomeness]

• Today I am the most awesome {profession} in {where I live}

• I have been the most righteous {profession} for 4 blue chip corporations (give or

take)

• I rule at {skill 1}, {skill 2}, and {skill 3} while rocking in {skill 4} and {skill 5}

• I have been totally awarded the {award title} twice by the {awarding body} (maybe)

• I am a member in total standing of the {professional association}

Skills & Accomplishments

[Awesome Achievement 1]

[Date] [Rad Details]

[Awesome Achievement 2]

[Date] [Rad Details]

Professional Expertise

[Start Date] – [End Date]

[Company Name]

[City, State]

[Position Title & Description]

[Responsibilities]

[Start Date] – [End Date]

[Company Name]

[City, State]

[Position Title & Description]

[Responsibilities]

Education

[Oodles of education details] or [Life experience that shows formal education to be a waste of money]

{Institution} of Awesome

{Degree -ish}

So I'm thinking that this is definitely the one. I just need to fill in the blanks and I will have employers knocking down the door to get me.





6 comments:

salty c-snake said...

too funny!! i'm looking into grad programs so i will for sure be using this handy resume format!!

salty c-snake said...

oops, i've changed my name to salty c-snake (for future reference, it's me, Colby!!)

The Dutsons said...

Well, good luck! That Resume format is definitely the "awesomest" of all awesomeness:) But, do enjoy having this time off, I sure do miss having time to myself... take lola for a drive!

Anne-Marie said...

If they dont hire you with that outstanding resume...they are totally not awesome!!! Good luck- people dont know what they're missing by not hiring you!! Miss you!!

Valerie Christensen said...

Alright Rachael--I just saw the Twilight preview. We should go together!! Because I have a feeling Jared would rather not.

Tamsin said...

Hey, it looks like it worked for you :)